We sat down with Insulpro to hear how implementing Extracker decreased the company’s Change Order processing time. Here are the highlights:
- Change Order turnaround time dropped from weeks to days
- Processing time decreased by 75%
- COR approvals increased due to improved documentation & photos
- Lost revenue from unsubmitted T&M Tags was eliminated
Challenges before Extracker
Before Extracker, Insulpro’s Change Order process would typically take weeks - from the time extra work took place in the field to when a cost impact/Change Order was sent to the customer. Extra work was documented on the project site with paper/carbon copy T&M tags, which were physically transported back to the office, then manually priced in Excel, and emailed to the customer.
The manual burden of these processes was extremely time-consuming for Insulpro’s project management staff and ultimately led to delayed approvals/billings or missed revenue completely.
Insulpro saw immediate positive outcomes after introducing Extracker’s easy-to-use software to streamline and automate its Change Order process.
“The lag between performing extra work and billing has been reduced by 75%.”
Faster Processing and Approvals
With Extracker, Change Orders now take days, not weeks, to process. This is achieved by:
- Remote signatures: Eliminate the need to track down physical signatures for approval
- Automated pricing: Instantly convert T&M tags to Change Orders with saved labor rates
- Faster approvals: Improved documentation with ability to easily add photos/Plangrid details
- Real-time CO Logs: Improved transparency with customers by sharing access to a real-time Change Order log
Reduced Overhead from Automatic Pricing
Extracker allows users to save rates and other price information, which makes Change Order pricing automatic. Insulpro has reduced its administrative time by more than 8 hours per week by eliminating the need for a dedicated project administrator to price Change Orders.
Seamless Adoption by the Field Team
Extracker’s mobile app is easy to use and saves the field staff valuable time. This productivity gain expedited a company-wide adoption by Insulpro’s team.
With Extracker, Insulpro has real-time visibility into out-of-contract work performed in the field, which allows them to better manage financial risk. Having all their Change Order data & supporting documentation in one place enables streamlined internal communication and eliminates the need for manually tracking CORs using email or Excel spreadsheets.